In business, if you’re not on top of the next big thing, you’re two steps (or more) behind everyone else who is. That doesn’t compromise you only on a superficial level, where your customers — especially the growing legions of Millennial and female buyers — think you’re not “hip” enough for them. Indeed, it can spell disaster for your business because you simply won’t have what these eager, enthusiastic buyers want when they want it. In other words, you’ll fail to provide the buying experience more customers today are demanding.
Gene Marks, a perennial favorite at SHOT Show University, aims to keep today’s retailer and range owner not just up to speed, but out in front of their customers and their competition with the 2018 SHOT Show University session “Technologies, Trends, Services and Tools Every FFL Needs to Know.” During this session, Marks will discuss how smart business owners and managers are:
- Increasing revenues from existing customers using customer relationship management technology.
- Reducing exposure to data breaches and other losses through the right security applications.
- Improving employee productivity with the latest collaboration and communication tools.
- Maximizing investments and growing businesses with cloud, mobile and social media technologies, while minimizing overhead and structural costs with new services that perform back-office operations more efficiently.
- Generating more revenue using web-based services for lead generation and marketing.
- The benefits of moving accounting operations online to manage it all from any device wherever you are.
- The benefits, costs, risks and rewards of outsourcing, including the latest technology tools to manage your outsourced contractors.
- The newest cloud-based technologies helping companies of all sizes recruit, manage, compensate and make them more attractive to Millennials.
As a small business expert, Gene Marks writes daily for The Washington Post, focusing on issues affecting the business community. He also writes weekly columns for Forbes Inc. Magazine, Fox Business, The Huffington Post, and Entrepreneur.com. Marks frequently appears on FOX Business, FOX News and CNBC, quarterly on MSNBC’s “Your Business” program and monthly on various TV outlets in the Philadelphia area. In addition, Marks has appeared as a guest on numerous radio talk shows such as The Sean Hannity Radio Show and authored dozens of articles for publication. He owns and operates the Marks Group PC, a highly successful 10-person firm that provides technology and consulting services to small and medium-sized businesses.
Taking place Monday, January 22, the day before the 2018 SHOT Show opens, SHOT Show University is NSSF’s premier learning experience for retailers and range owners, providing business owners of all experience levels ways to improve their businesses. The forum is comprised of four learning tracks: Range, Compliance, Retailer 101 and the Master’s Class. Though anyone can attend any learning track, those with newly established FFL businesses, those looking to explore firearms retailing or firearms range businesses for the first time and those looking to expand their footprints with additional locations are especially encouraged to participate in the Retailer 101 track.
Registration for the 2018 SHOT Show is now open. Buyers and range owners successfully registering to attend the show can then register to participate in SHOT Show University and other events. NSSF Members receive a discount on their registration fee to attend SHOT Show University. See the full SHOT Show University agenda and speaker lineup, here.
Sponsorship opportunities are available for SHOT Show University and other SHOT Week events. Contact Chris Tatulli, NSSF Director, Exhibit and Sponsorship Sales, at email@example.com to learn more about our wide variety of sponsorship options.